Sunday, May 4, 2014

Homepage

Welcome to my Sociology Critical Insight Blog in which I shall detail various elements and concepts of sociology that interest me. My name is Zachariah Zerrade and I am currently a freshman studying Civil Engineering and Architecture at the University of Idaho. Sociology is a recommended course and previous studies of Anthropology and Sociology gave me an overall interest in the subject to study further. Sociology is very effective in understanding a major part of the world and life - people. The interactions and reasons for social connections, groupings, and movements are all very important to study in regards to daily life. The topics I will be discussing in this blog are Social Class and Stratification (Chapter 8) and Race & Ethnicity (Chapter 10). 

These two topics are chosen because of the reading covered so far Social Class was the most intriguing aspect of social interaction to me and it is a topic that has a multitude of perspectives and beliefs. Researching this topic could open up entirely new information to me and will establish a greater understanding of sociology for me. The selection of Race & Ethnicity as a topic is based in the common ground it shares with my other subject. There is a very strong correlation of Race and Ethnicity in regards to how social class functions and researching such a topic would provide an interesting outlook towards social organization historically, politically, and socially.  
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment